Hello Mt. Zion,
Our church leadership has made the decision to comply with the government’s recommendations on gatherings. This means that we will not be having services this Wednesday, Saturday, or Sunday. We will be having services online. We will continue to monitor this week by week based on the government and CDC’s recommendations.
– Wednesday Night: All classes will be available in online format. Matt and Ryan will post a Colossians video, Dave Goralski will be posting links to the “New Kid By Friday” lesson and materials, and Pastor Dave will be doing a Facebook live video(!) on 1 Kings in which you can post questions and comments as he teaches the class. This will all be available on our Facebook page or on our website (http://mtzn.com/portfolio/wednesday-night-ministry/) at 6:30 PM on Wednesday.
– Weekend Services: We will be streaming services at the normal service times (Sat 5 PM, Sun 9 & 10:30 AM) on our Facebook page(Mt Zion Christian Church) and at mtzn.com/stream. We will have worship and a message available. The sermon outline will be available on the YouVersion Bible app( launch app- click “more”- click “events” and select Mt. Zion).
– Communication: If you have a need and are in a small group, please reach out to your small group leader and they can get in contact with us if they are unable to help. If you are not part of a small group or have a pressing need, please call the church office (262-248-7097) during our regular hours (M-F 8AM-3PM). If we don’t pick up or you call after hours please LEAVE A MESSAGE. We will get back to you.
– MTZN Kids: Follow our daily connection challenge on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO14H04vzCgERRXN1Np6CBA).
– MTZN Youth: Follow along for youth services and updates at the MTZN Youth Facebook or Instagram page. Parents email Riley (Riley@mtzn.com) to get connected into the parent’s Facebook group. Wed services will be online and posted at 7:30PM on these social-media sites.
– Food Pantry: We will have regular food pantry hours this week. We also expect an increase in families needing food. We are asking for donations to prepare for this. If you can donate non-perishable food items, please bring them by the church at anytime. We will have bins by the front doors under the car port. Thank you!
– Small Groups: Feel free to meet in small groups if you feel comfortable. Please obey the gathering size recommendations (10) and be smart if you are in an at-risk demographic.
– Online giving: https://pushpay.com/g/mtzncc or you can mail a check to Mt. Zion Christian Church 2330 Hwy 120 Lake Geneva, WI 53147
– Prayer: We encourage you to pray with your small groups and your families. We expect God to move in a mighty way!
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7
We are not afraid! We are told in James 1:27, “Pure, unstained religion, according to God our Father, is to take care of orphans and widows when they suffer and to remain uncorrupted by this world.” If cautionary steps mean we are helping to potentially save the lives of others, then that’s obedience on our part. We’re not scared… but we don’t have a right to treat it as though it’s not a threat to those we can protect and have a duty to care for.
Remember YOU are the church!